Shri Satish Waman Wagh comes from a typical middle class working family. Initially he
did his graduation in Economics, he again registered himself for a degree in science
and passed his degree in Chemistry from University of Bombay.
He started working as a Plant Supervisor in a Bulk Drug manufacturing company. After working for about 10 years in that capacity and gaining
valuable experience and feel of a manufacturing industry, probably with his basic background of economics, the idea of starting his own unit
started taking shape in his mind.
In 1987 he took a bold decision to quit the job and jumped into the vast world of chemical manufacturing business on his own. With extremely meager
financial support out of his own savings, due to the enthusiasm and dynamic ideas he could successfully convince the authorities and could garner
financial support from MSFC. The formalities of purchasing a piece of land in remote place like Lote Parshuram Industrial Area of MIDC ware
completed and small shed was erected out of available funds. The necessary machinery and equipments were brought and Mr. Satish W. Wagh started
manufacturing Textile Auxiliaries and was successful in developing a market for his products despite the tough competition from large business
houses in that field. However, as the things changed a need to diversify the activities were felt.
The opportunity was located and now it was a question of grabbing it on a right time. Once again the drive from within could not keep Mr. Satish
Wagh passive and he took a bold step ahead and entered the field of manufacture of bulk drugs in 1993 starting his activities with
Chlorpheniramine Maleate with initial manufacturing reactor of a capacity of 350 ltrs only.
In last 25 years, Mr. Satish Wagh, has placed Supriya Lifescience Ltd. In the map of International Pharmaceutical world with flag of a major
player in Anti-Histamine therapeutic segment. Today the Supriya Lifescience Ltd. is the largest manufacturer of Chlorphenirame Maleate in the
world and exporting to more than 85 countries. Besides, mapping his own growth and continuous service to pharma & Chemicals Industry, Mr. Satish
Wagh enthused and helped many young enthusiastic new entrepreneurs to mark their presence in pharma world.
Along with this contribution to Pharma Industry Mr. Satish W. Wagh is also a major player in manufacturing of various chemicals which is
required for industries like Pharma, Textiles, Dyes, etc.
Today, Mr. Satish W. Wagh is the VICE CHAIRMAN OF CHEMEXCIL. Mr. Satish Wagh is leading this council for more than 13 years & take care of
47 Billion Dollar of India’s chemical exports. Chemexcil have 6400 Manufacturers from all over India.
In last two decades of manufacturing and exporting business, the company has achieved more than 25 awards for its’ outstanding achievements
in various operation of business. Such as Best Quality Award, Best R & D, Consistent Export growth and Consistent Performance etc. from various
government and non-government organizations, including prestigious Awards as mentioned below.
- National Award for Best R & D – 2010 presented by Hon’ble Pratibha Patil
- National Award for Best Entrepreneur -2007’ presented by Hon’ble Dr.Manmohan Singh.
- National Award for Quality-2003’ presented by Hon’ble Dr.Abdul Kalam,
National Award for Best R & D-1999’ presented by Hon’ble Lalkrushna Advani achievements in small scale sector etc.
- State Award in the Year 2008-2009 for Best Performance of Export presented by Hon.Rajendra Darda, Minister, Industries, Employment & Self Employment, Govt. of Mararashtra
- State Award in the Year 2007-2008 for Best Performance of Export presented by Hon.Rajendra Darda, Minister, Industries, Employment & Self Employment, Govt. of Mararashtra.
- Regional Award for the year 2000-2001 followed by State Award for Best Performance presented by Hon’ble Dr.Patangrao Kadam,
- District Award for the year 1999-2000 followed by State Award for Best Performance presented by Hon’ble District Collector Shri.Mahesh Pathak